Monday, September 28, 2026
I can’t file a bug ticket or message the developers from here — I don’t have an internal reporting channel, and I can’t change the product’s default display format globally. That’s controlled by the product team.
But I can do two things:
1. Use that format for the rest of this conversation — inline bullets, no tables, everything in one copy-pasteable block.
2. Give you a ready-to-submit report you can send through the app’s feedback option.
Here’s a concise report you can paste into ChatGPT feedback, support, or your platform’s bug/feature form:
---
Title: Long-form responses with tables break copy-paste; request inline-bullet default option
Summary: When the assistant outputs long-form content with Markdown tables, copying the entire response into a blog editor or CMS often breaks formatting, splits the table, or requires manual cleanup. The user preferred an inline-bullet version because the whole response could be copied at once.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Ask for a long-form news/analysis/blog post with data.
2. Assistant includes a Markdown table.
3. Select all and copy the response.
4. Paste into a blog editor, Google Doc, or CMS.
5. Table formatting breaks or content separates awkwardly.
Expected: A single copy-paste block that preserves structure without table dependency.
Actual: Table formatting causes friction and manual reformatting.
Suggested fix: Add a user preference such as “Prefer no tables for long-form content” or make inline bullets the default for long-form analysis/blog-style responses unless the user explicitly asks for a table.
Impact: Friction for content creators, bloggers, and anyone syndicating or republishing assistant output.
---
Where to submit it:
· ChatGPT app/web: thumbs down on the response, then “Report a problem” or use Help → Send feedback.
· API/platform: contact the platform’s support or your account admin.
· Enterprise/workspace: use your organization’s feedback channel.
Going forward in this chat, I’ll keep using the inline-bullet, no-table format. Want me to convert any earlier response into that style too?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment